research work title impact of store management on profit maximization”. A case
study of Nigeria bottling
company Kaduna plant, it was done with the sole
aim of bringing out inventory control functions objective and accomplishment in
the organization with specific focus of Nigeria
bottling company Kaduna.
The main objectives of this research study is to identify the type of problems
encountered by the organization store management in achieving maximum profit
relevance of store management assessment of organization effectiveness in store
TABLES OF CONTENTS
Title page – – – – – – – – – i
Certification – – – – – – – – ii
Declaration – – – – – – – – iii
Dedication – – – – – – – – – iv
Acknowledgement – – – – – – – v
Abstract – – – – – – – – – vi
Table of content – – – – – – – – vii
CHAPTER ONE – INTRODUCTION
1.1 Background to the study – – – – – 2
1.2 Statement of the problem – – – – – 5
13 Objective of the study – – – – – – 6
1.4 Hypothesis/research question – – – – 7
1.5 Significance of the study – – – – – 7
1.6 Scope of the study – – – – – – 9
1.7 Limitation of the study – – – – – 9
1.8 Definition of terms – – – – – – 10
CHAPTER TWO- LITERATURE REVIEW
2.1 Introduction – – – – – – – 13
2.1 Conceptualization – – – – – – 13
2.1.1 Concept of store management – – – – 19
2.1.2 Concept of profit maximization – – – – 23
2.2 Literature review – – – – – – 26
2.2.1 Store management and profit maximization – – 30
CHAPTER THREE – RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3.0 Introduction – – – – – – – 33
3.1 Research design – – – – – – – 33
3.2 Instrument/tools used – – – – – – 34
3.3 Research population and sample size – – – 35
3.4 Justification for sample selected – – – – 36
3.5 Sampling procedure employed – – – – 36
3.6 Justification for sample procedure selected – – 37
3.7 Method of Data Analysis – – 37
CHAPTER FOUR – PRESENTATION AND ANALYSIS OF DATA
4.2 Presentation and analysis of data – – – – 38
4.3 Summary – – – – – – – 38
4.4 Discussion of finding – – – – – – 50
CHAPTER FIVE – SUMMARY CONCLUSION AND RECOMMENDATIONS
5.2 Summary – – – – – – – – 52
5.3 Conclusion – – – – – – – 53
5.4 Recommendation – – – – – – 54
Bibliography – – – – – – – 56
– – – – – – – – 57
CHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCTION
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Management is on extension of store keeping which has been in practice since the history of mankind. It had a wide scope of activities items for feature use and to produce them when need arises. Store management goes beyond the scope of keeping and producing items, but also involve controlling of operations, stock control quality, activities of the store training staff, control of all store houses, store handling as well as critical documentations.
However, store management entails keeping proper record of all materials stationeries, other items furniture’s etc which are purchase by the organization. This materials is kept properly indexed and whenever a particular part stationary any other requirement is indented,the store keeper should provide the same store management, simply a proper accounting of materials etc that can come into an office or an organization.
Store management can be defined as an act of science of achieving the objectives of the store in an organization. It involves planning, organizing, directing controlling, staffing, coordinating and communicating of all store operational activities for the provision of efficient and effective services. Store is a place where items are meticulously handled in an organized manner to meet the demand of all unit of department that constituted the organization for optimum performance. The primary function of store management is to provide for effective and efficient handling of goods to be distributed to ultimate customers. This provision of service to the operating function must be fully appreciated. The following are the objectives of store management:
- To make available balance follow of raw materials component tools equipment and any other commodities necessary to meet operational requirement.
- To receive and issue work in progress and finished product
- To provide maintenance materials, spear parts and general store as required
- To accept and store scope and other absconded materials as it rises.
- To account for all accept issue and goods in stock this in say institution, private or public, some substantial is spent on the acquisitions of materials, equipment etc which are kept in the warehouse for future use.
This lay a foundation for solid store management of the store operations especially of at this time of economic recession, which engulfed the whole nation. Store exist to secure the interest of the people (department) and to provide efficient service that will maintain a clear line with the rest of the departments within the organization for profit maximization.
- STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
Store management is one of the important functions of store administration recent advancement in store keeping and accounting techniques has generally influence the way organization and administration operates with respect to the management of the products and services. One important aspect of this advancement which has greatly simplified the cumbersome nature of store administration is the adoption of information necessary to measure effective profit maximization. The study improves the management of store in an organization.
General performance of the organization will be enhanced properly with a reference to profitability. Personality who might be interested in using it is a point reference.
To the researcher it will be an instrument for references purpose also students to improve the knowledge on the management of the store in other to attained absolute achievement of an organization and to have comprehensive understanding of the concept of store management techniques and the use of computers in record keeping yet, despite this shades in store recording and keeping, many organization still contended to face challenges of maintaining a store in the optional sense of the word whether on effective, efficient store management impact on profit still remains.
- OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
Below are the objectives formulated for the benefit of the study, Effect of Store Management on Profit Maximization?
- To identify the problems encountered by the organization with respect to store store management to achieved maximum profit.
- To highlight the relevance of store management in an organization as well as inventories in the organization.
- To examine the organizational effectiveness and its performance towards profit maximization.
The hypothesis formulated for the purpose of this study, the Effect of Store Management on Profit Maximization is as follows:
Ho: Distribution management does not lead to job satisfactions in Coca – Cola Bottling Company Kaduna State.
Hi: Distribution management led to job satisfaction in Coca – Cola Bottling Company Kaduna State.
Ho: Distribution management does not increase the level of sales performance in Coca – Cola Bottling Company Kaduna State.
Hi: Distribution management increase the level of sales performance in Coca – Cola Bottling Company Kaduna State.
1.5 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
The research questions formulated for the purpose of this study, the Effect of Store Management on Profit Maximization is as follows:
- To what extent do store management activities bring about profit maximization in Coca-cola bottling company Kaduna?
- To what extent does the distribution management bring about job satisfaction to the employee of the company?
- What measure can be used to measure the efficiency of the store management towards profit maximization?
- Do the activities of the distribution management bring about increase in the sales of the product?
- SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
A research on the impact of store management on profit maximization in the Coca-Cola bottling company Kaduna is necessary. The study is to help the organization appreciate the need to manage the available measured to be put in place to ensuring effective profit maximization. The following are the significance of the study:
- The study help the store keepers learn how to efficiently and speedily issue materials and tools which is absolutely necessary for increased production.
- The study also helps the researchers to learn how to organize storage in logical sequences to ensure that all items can be identified precisely and storage space is used economically and effectively.
- The study also assist the management of the company develops an effective means of organizing stock checks either on a continuous or a periodic basis so as to be able to provide accurate stock figures when required.
- The study provides more insight to the management of the Coca-Cola bottling company Kaduna on how to effectively protect their materials from damage and deterioration.
- The study provides the management of the company
alternative methods of securing their stores from pilfering, theft and fire.
- SCOPE OF THE STUDY
This research study is designed to examine the “Impact of Store Management on Profit Maximization with Nigeria Coca- Cola bottling company Kaduna state as the case study. There branches for Coca-Cola bottling companies across the country Nigeria. My study is limited to the Nigerian Coca-Cola bottling company Zaria branch. This study is expected to span the period of five (5) years, from 2015-2019.
1.8 LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
Some of the problems the researcher encounter during the course of this research work includes:
- Time constraint: There was inadequate time for the researcher to explore more information that pertains to his study due to the time he has given to lectures, test and assignment.
- Financial: Another problem faced by the researcher during the course of his survey was the shortage of capital. This has hindered the researcher from covering a large part of his target population and the likes of other branches for proper survey of the problem under study.